Please use any of the contact forms to send an instant e-mail to us – and expect a same-day response. There is rarely a need to meet clients in person and most of our communication is done by e-mail, or occasionally by phone.
Obligation-free quotations are offered free of charge to all clients. If you are undecided about which level of editing service to choose, free sample edits on a section of your text can be performed upon request.
Please follow this three-step process once we have replied to your initial contact form message:
- Supply us with a sample of your work by e-mail (MS Word format).
- Specify the deadline.
- List your specific requirements or the type of service required.
Once the required information has been received, we will e-mail you a quote within 24 hours. When you have agreed to the quote and have paid a 50% deposit upfront by EFT, work will commence. Note that cash deposits attract an additional charge of R7 plus 2% of the invoice amount (minimum charge = R50). If there are queries during the editing or writing process, we will contact you.
All our editing is done with MS Word track changes turned on, and queries and suggestions for improvement are made there with the Substantive Editing option.
Final payment must be made on completion of the work.
It is difficult to give an accurate quote without sighting a document, but, as a general guide, selected rates are:
- Light Editing – R57 per page or 19 cents per word
- Substantive Editing – R78 per page or 26 cents per word
- Company/Business profiles – R1150 (1 page), R2350 (up to 4 pages), R3900 (up to 8 pages)
- Copywriting – R2.50 to R4.00 per word
Please note that editing prices do not include going through or checking the document for a second time, unless this has been pre-arranged with the client.